- Can I earn credit at UC Merced by taking Advanced Placement(AP)Exams?
Depending on your major, you may be able to earn credit for a score of 3 or higher on Advanced Placement tests. For more information on Advanced Placement credit, please reference the UC Merced General Catalog.
- How can I get in touch with an Admissions counselor?
You may reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209) 228-4682.
- What are UC Merced's school codes?
- UC Merced's ACT code is 0450 and our College Board Code is 4129. Our financial aid code is 041271. Our financial aid web site offers helpful resources on financing your education.
- When can students apply to UC Merced?
The filing period for admission toUC Merced is November 1 through 30 every year for the following fall semester. The filing period for the spring semester is July 1 through 31. Visit our apply page for more information.
- Do I need to choose my major right away?
Freshmen applicants have the luxury of not needing to decide their major at the time they apply. In contrast, transfer students are required to know, which means the sooner they determine their area of interest the greater their chances of transferring at the desired time. To be competitive, transfer students need to take as many classes for their major as they can before enrolling at UC Merced. For more information please see Major Preparation and Academics.
- Do I need to take a foreign language to be admitted?
Studying a language other than English can be beneficial but is not required for UC minimum admission requirements. Some UC Merced majors require two years of college-level study in a foreign language and it may be in your best interest to complete this kind of major preparation prior to admission.
- What is the most important thing I should know about transferring to UC Merced?
Completion of the minimum admission requirements for the University of California is necessary to your successful transfer. Major preparation is also critical to your success and can give you an edge over other students. Remember we're the ones who best know what you need to do at your college before you transfer. The sooner you contact us for advice, the better.
- When do I apply for financial aid?
The filing period for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)is Jan. 2 through March 2 every year for the following fall semester. Since financial aid is awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, students are encouraged to apply early in the filing period. At UC Merced, your FAFSA application also serves as your scholarship application. Students do not have to fill out more than a single form to apply for both local and federal funding.
- When will acceptance notices be sent out?
Students will be notified of admission decisions for the fall semester beginning in February of the year in which they apply.
- Who do I contact if I want to take a tour of, UCMerced?
Come visit us! Schedule a tour with one of our friendly student tour guides.