- Can I earn credit at UC Merced by taking Advanced Placement(AP)Exams?
Depending on your major, you may be able to earn credit for a score of 3 or higher on Advanced Placement tests. For more information on Advanced Placement credit, please reference the UC Merced General Catalog.
- How can I get in touch with an Admissions counselor?
You may reach us via e-mail at email@example.com or call (209) 228-4682.
- How do I check the status of my application?
- Visit the portal (one of our main vehicles for communicating with students once they become applicants and all the way throughout the process) and select the "Login" or "First Time Users" link on the left side of the screen.Please note:You will need your Application ID (a 7-digit number you received in your letter from the processor and in your acknowledgment letter from UC Merced) to claim your UCMNetID and password
- Select "MyAdmissions" under the Applicant Services tab on the right side of the screen to view your status.
- Visit the portal frequently to receive important information and updates.
- What are UC Merced's school codes?
- UC Merced's ACT code is 0450 and our College Board Code is 4129. Our financial aid code is 041271. Our financial aid web site offers helpful resources on financing your education.
- When can students apply to UC Merced?
The filing period for admission toUC Merced is November 1 through 30 every year for the following fall semester. The filing period for the spring semester is July 1 through 31. Visit our apply page for more information.
- Who is an International Freshman Applicant?
- You are still in secondary school.
- You have completed secondary school with very good grades and earned a certificate of completion which enables you to be admitted to a university in your home country.
- You have not enrolled in a regular session at any college or university.
- Do I need to take a foreign language to be admitted?
Studying a language other than English can be beneficial but is not required for UC minimum admission requirements. Some UC Merced majors require two years of college-level study in a foreign language and it may be in your best interest to complete this kind of major preparation prior to admission.
- What calendar does UC Merced follow?
UC Merced follows a semester system calendar. The academic terms are fall and spring, with summer as an option. All other UC campuses except Berkeley follow a quarter system calendar.
- When do I apply for financial aid?
The filing period for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)is Jan. 2 through March 2 every year for the following fall semester. Since financial aid is awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, students are encouraged to apply early in the filing period. At UC Merced, your FAFSA application also serves as your scholarship application. Students do not have to fill out more than a single form to apply for both local and federal funding.
- When will acceptance notices be sent out?
Students will be notified of admission decisions for the fall semester beginning in February of the year in which they apply.
- Who do I contact if I want to take a tour of, UCMerced?
Come visit us! Schedule a tour with one of our friendly student tour guides.